Chief Executive Officer – Bohemia Health
Henry Loubet is CEO of Bohemia Health which was formed in February 2017. In this role he partners with later and early stage healthcare organizations including health plans, employee benefits firms, health systems, managed care, physician groups, behavioral health/substance abuse sites, health IT and private equity firms to focus on overall strategy, innovation, business development, mergers/acquisitions and relationship building. Current clients include: EHealth & Medicare.com, Stanford University CERC, Omada Health, Burnham Benefits, Pinnacle Brokers Insurance Solutions, Alecto Health System, MCOL, EmpirRx, Brainguard, Antelope Valley Cancer Center and Delta TPA.
Loubet’s extensive background is rooted in managed care and public companies. He was the former Western Region CEO of United Healthcare (1996-2000) where he was responsible for 1.6 million members across 10 western states from California to Colorado. This was Commercial and Medicare Advantage. He had full P&L responsibility and M&A. Loubet served as President of Health Net (1989-1996) where he led health plan growth to more than 750,000 members and $1 billion in revenue. This included Commercial, Medicare Advantage and Medicaid with full P&L responsibilities. He also helped lead M&A. Loubet was General Manager and President of Maxicare Health Plans (1986-89), increased growth by 300%. He created and ran Valley Health Plan in Santa Clara County, a Commercial and Medi-Cal Health Plan.
Loubet was the Chief Strategy Officer for Keenan (2003-2016), Keenan is one of the nation’s top 20 largest Consultants/Brokers/TPAs. In this role he was responsible for overall company strategy, business development and innovation. Loubet developed a PBM coalition with Express Scripts that now covers more than 500,000 members across 30 states, led the Keenan TPA and developed the Covered California exchange program. Loubet also served as Executive Advisor to Paladin Healthcare in 2016 where he applied his expertise to develop a managed care platform, including health insurance/physician strategy for a safety net hospital company.
In addition, Loubet was also Director of Patient Business Services at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, affiliated with Stanford University Healthcare. Loubet had a number of management roles in Finance and Ambulatory Care, before starting Valley Health Plan. Loubet was the Vice Chairman of Ohio-based Drug Emporium and DrugEmporium.com, a publicly traded pharmacy and internet company acquired by Rite Aid. Loubet led the sale of DrugEmporium.com, as well as play a key role in the sale of Drug Emporium.
Given his extensive experience across the healthcare industry, Loubet has served on the Board of Directors for notable firms and organizations. His affiliations included:
- Gem Care Health Plan Board of Directors (2007-16) – Sold to Blue Shield of California
- DrugEmporium Board of Directors (2000-05) – Public company now owned by Walgreens
- GemCare Medical Group Board of Directors (2004-Current) – Sold to Dignity Health
- Medvantage Board of Directors (2009-14) – Health IT company (HCSC, Florida Blue)
- University of Pittsburgh Board of Visitors (2017-Current)
- Integrated Health Care Association (IHA) (1996–16) – Founding Board of Directors member of top California and U.S. trade associations of top 40 health executives.
- California Association of Health Plans Board of Directors (1996-00)
- Payers & Providers (2010–Current) – Editorial Board Member of health care publication
- Managed-Care Online (MCOL) (200 –Current) – Founding Board of Directors
- Kaiser Health Plan Broker Advisory Council (2012–16)
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Association National Consortium (2011–16)
- Anthem Blue Cross Executive Leadership Broker Advisory Council (2010–16)
- LeggUP (2001 -Current) – Board of Advisors
Loubet holds a Bachelor’s from Rider University, a Masters from University of Pittsburgh, and a Masters from University of San Francisco. He is fluent Spanish speaking and is involved in numerous philanthropic activities including his own golf foundation for youth called ACE Kid’s Golf. Loubet was recently elected to the Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame Board of Directors.